Updated April 9, 2019
The purpose of this policy is to identify the type of personal information Skyline Church collects, how this information is utilized and protected. Skyline Church collects your information in order to achieve the following:
- Engaging people.
- Connecting to Christ.
- Empowering to serve.
How We May Receive Your Information
Skyline Church may receive your personal information through several means; through connections cards you voluntarily fill out and submit, through our website when you utilize our “plan a visit” or “learn more” forms, and through direct email contact.
What Information We Collect
The Personally Identifiable Information (PII) we collect includes:
- Your first and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
Non-personally identifiable information we collect from our website includes:
- IP address and geolocation based on the IP address
- Age range
- Site visitation information
- Page views
- Browsers used
- Browser capabilities
- Site search queries
How and When Your Information is Collected
- You communicate with us regarding our services or content
- You subscribe to our services
- You subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters
- When you access our website
Why We Collect Data
We collect your personal data for connection and outreach purposes, including these and other similar purposes:
- To establish, maintain, and manage our outreach and communication with you
- Where collection enables us to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services and communications for your benefit
- Process and respond to privacy concerns or complaints
- To better understand how our visitors interact with our services
Reuse of Your Personal Information
We will not reuse personal data for a new purpose other than the original use for which it was collected, unless one or more of the following apply:
- The new use is compatible with the original use, meaning you should reasonably expect a similar use
- We have notified you of the new use and given you an opportunity to object to it
Third Party Service Providers
We currently do not utilize any third-party services providers.
Retention, Destruction, and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or for the reasons listed below and any similar:
- To protect the rights and safety of our members and third parties, as well as our own
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
If we must disclose your data to a third party, we will do so only under these circumstances:
- We are required to do so by law, court order or legal process
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity
- Or, if we, in good faith, believe disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes including detection of unauthorized activity on our services. In such cases, server log data containing personal data may be shared with law enforcement agencies, so they may identify users in connection with an investigation of unauthorized activities.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to sites and/or applications operated by third parties such as:
- Google Maps
- Simple Church Giving
We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party site or application and we are not responsible for any third-party content or privacy statements. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the relevant third-party notices.
Options to Limit Use of Your Data
We are committed to providing you with informed choices about the information we collect to provide you with our services. There are options available if you would like to opt out of any of the technology tools we use:
Google Analytics: We utilize Google Analytics to help us track and analyze our web site traffic. If you would like to prevent Google Analytics from utilizing your data, an opt-out browser add-on is available HERE.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding the handling of your data or if you have a privacy concern, please contact:
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We will review this notice periodically and may modify it at our discretion. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice on a regular basis to ensure you are informed on our data privacy practices.